Back Ground

~A Place for the Homemaker's Heart~

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Four Years, Love

I didn't get Austin Miller a card. We had *agreed* to not get each other ANYTHING, but someone broke our agreement and spent a lot of money, so I can't exactly go out and get a gift at this point.  This is the best I can do:

I love all your quirks, habits, and hobbies. You've taught yourself to knit, pick locks, wear a baby, and to do countless other things that I watch you do in amazement.

Even though messes make me crazy, I treasure seeing the piles of stuff you leave around the house because you're creative and smart and it means I'm not living alone.

You've held me while I cry--hundreds of times--and let me fall asleep on your chest while you stroked my hair during the worst week of my life.  You massaged me and soothed me during the horrific pains of labor and cried when our baby was born.

You're quiet to the world, but talk so much at home. I get to enjoy the "real you." Just me. No one else.

You traveled around the world and stored up special gifts for me before we even met.  You've (literally) washed my feet with water and forgiven me for things for which I don't deserve forgiveness.

You faithfully take out the trash, change diapers, clean the juicer after each use, and never complain when I ask you to clean the shower drain so that I won't barf.

You massage me at night and when anxiety sets in. You've saved me from so many panic attacks.

You've driven me to the hospital and doctor more times than I can count, and have stayed up all hours of the night to help find a cures for my ailments.  You made me feel beautiful when I had to walk with a cane and felt like a broken spectacle of a human.

You held my hand and didn't leave my side even once during Jordan's funeral and viewing.

You've never complained about going to the store for my "feminine" needs and will even bring home additional surprises to cheer me "just because."

You're patient with me and so gentle.  You never raise your voice and always build me up.

I like to hear you sing in the shower and even when you do it out in the condo hallways.

I love that you hate sports, but will still wear a Cubs cap (with a Marc Jacobs t-shirt, Luchese boots, a UTMB class ring, silver necklace, J Crew jeans, a Louis Vuitton wallet, and Terre de Hermes cologne).

I love your obsession with kombucha and the making of craft beer.

It used to drive me crazy that you had to research anything and everything before putting a plan into action.  But now I appreciate it and find your extra careful self to be super valuable.

Thank you for unclogging the kitchen sink and cleaning up the mess created by my stupidity, thus preventing me the further embarrassment of having to admit what I did to our landlord (yes, I poured bacon grease down the sink..)

Thank you for that in-love look I get to witness every day when you look at Brooke.

You honor the elderly and attract them everywhere.  I think they can sense your beautiful soul.

You've helped bring healing to children in Guatemala and Christ to people in Uruguay.

You're so kind and respectful to my family as well, and have often been a peace maker.

You have poured so much into medical school. You're persistent and faithful, and you provide for us well. I never fear going hungry or having a roof over my head.

I love you and admire you.  You are my best of best friends--mi alma gemela.

With the deepest love possible!

~Me ❤




No comments:

Post a Comment